Monday, November 7, 2011

Birthday to 1 week...

I am the proud mother to a fawn and white boxer named Harley, so named because my husband and I are really into motorcycles and we ride often. On Halloween 2011 at 2:30 a.m. my Harley gave birth to 8 beautiful dark brindle and white babies. Out of all of the puppies, my husband and I are keeping 2 and my neighbor who owns the father is keeping one. I am going to document my puppies as they grow, and try to give as much information on the breed as an owner rather than a dictionary.
This is Harley the proud mama. She is the best dog ever!! She is sweet, great with my kids, very calm, and I have never had to use a leash or harness on her. She has been a great mother even though she is still fairly young and this litter is her first.
This is Harley with Jake the boxer that knocked her up lol, he is bigger than the average boxer he stands 26 in tall where most males only get 25 in. His looks are very intimidating and I have had many delivery people dang near throw my package at me because of him. What strangers see is a massive biting machine, this is what I see:
Now on to the babies, Rocky is my boy, he is puppy number 2. I think Harley was still shocked about giving birth or something but she definately was not helping him. Rocky was still in his sack he wasn't breathing or moving and he had reddish foamy "water" coming out of his nose. My husband got my heating pad and got me a fresh clean hot towel and I rubbed and rubbed him. My husband didn't think he would make it but this is him now:
Next up is Layla, she is puppy number 6 and Harley wasn't getting to her very well either so she got warmed up on the heating pad as well. She is already funny even though she is only one week old. She has attitude and growls and barks at her mama.
Well that is the introduction to the boxers that rule my world now comes the business end of owning with some fun peppered in.

No comments:

Post a Comment